SHRI SHIVAJI COLLEGE OF ARTS, COMMERCE & SCIENCE, AKOLA
Shri Shivaji College of Arts & Commerce was established in 1963 under the sincere & able guidance of a great visionary, academician and reformer, Dr. AbasahebKhedkar, then Rural Development Minister of the Govt.ofMaharastra.
It was imparting only formal education in the faculty of Arts and Commerce. But considering the importance of science and technology, the faculty of science was started in 1967. Since then college has been giving education in the faculty of Arts, Commerce, Science and Home science from Junior College, MCVC, to Graduation, Post-Graduation and Doctoral Research Programmes. It has competent staff in teaching department, well equipped recognized research laboratories, a computer department, rich central and departmental libraries supported by spacious reading rooms, beautiful campus, hostel, well developed Botanical garden, Oxygen park and a vast Playground.
It always attempts to provide quality education to the students who are coming from all walks of life. Today, it is the premier and multi-faculty educational centre affiliated to SantGadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati.
The progress graph is continuously rising with its students occupying distinguished positions in almost all the fields. On October 2022, the college has been Re-accredited in 4th cycle by NAAC, with “A++” Grade with CGPA 3.58. The College has also been recognised twice by UGC as a “College with Potential for Excellence.” It has been recommended for DST-FIST level-0, Lead College by University.
College At A Glance
* Visionary Management
* Competent, Sincere, Dedicated & Committed Faculties.
* Recognized Research Centres & Research Facilities
* Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Hall & Meditation Centre
* Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Study Centre
* Mahatma Gandhi Study Centre
* Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Study Centre
* Poor Boys Relief Fund.
* Broad-Band Internet/ Wi-Fi Facility in all Departments.
* UGC Approved Career & Counselling Cell
* Teachers’ and Staff Sponsored Awards and Prizes.
* Earn and Learn Scheme (Data Entry, Online Forms filling, Computer Job Work etc.)
* Consultancy: Geology, Bio-Chemistry,Chemistry, Microbiology, Botany, Home Science and Data Analysis by Commerce and Management
* Student - Teacher Guardian Scheme.
* N.S.S. & N.C.C. (Boys & Girls)
* Skilled and Value based programme
* Smart Classrooms
* Departmental Academic and Cultural Associations.
* Remedial Coaching Classes for S.C./S.T./O.B.C & Minority Students
* Career Oriented Programmes
* Entry in Services for S.C./S.T. / O.B.C & Minorities Students
* NET/SET Coaching Classes in Life Science,Chemistry, Social Science, Commerce & English, Economics, Marathi, Music, Sociology and Political Science
* Disaster management & Insurance cell
* Well Equipped Digital Language Laboratory (English)
* The College premises under surveillance of CCTV Cameras.
* Computer Literacy Programme.
* LAN & Internet Facility available in every departments as well as in college campus.
* New Interdisciplinary National Journal.
* Student Development Cell.