SHRI SHIVAJI COLLEGE OF ARTS, COMMERCE & SCIENCE, AKOLA
Shri Shivaji College of Arts & Commerce was established in 1963 under the sincere guidance of a great visionary, academician and social reformist, Dr. Panjabrao alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh the first agriculture minister, Govt. of India and Dr. Abasaheb Khedkar, the rural development minister of the Govt. Maharashtra. Shri Shivaji College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Akola is situated in western Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati. The institution always strived for quality sustenance and enhancement in higher education. It was imparting only formal education in the faculty of Humanities and Commerce. But considering the importance of science and technology, the faculty of science was started in 1967. Since then our college has been giving education in the faculty of Humanities, Commerce & Management, Science & Technology and Home Science from Junior College, MCVC, to Graduation, Post-Graduation and Doctoral Research Programmes. It has competent staff in teaching department, well equipped recognized research laboratories, a computer department, rich central and departmental libraries supported by specious reading rooms, beautiful campus, hostel, well developed Botanical garden and a vast playground. It always attempted to provide quality education to the students who are coming from all walks of life. Today it is the premier and multi- faculty educational Center. The progress graph of this college is continuously rising with its students occupying distinguished positions in almost all the fields. Shri Shivaji College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Akola has completed fifty glorious years of its existence in 2013. We can proudly say that it has been grown from a seedling into a tree that has not only sheltered thousands of youngsters but also has molded them into great personalities, who are scattered across the globe. Since a large number of our students come from economically weaker sections of the society, we try to imbibe in them good values so that they become responsible citizens of this great country. The College aims at catering to the academic excellence of the students and providing them with facilities to develop their inherent talents. In its continuous efforts to impart quality education, The College was reaccredited in third cycle of NAAC with an “A” grade with CGPA 3.24 in March 2016. The college has also earned a special reputation for being conferred with the status of a “College with Potential for Excellence” by the U.G.C. in the first phase and now for the second phase up to 2019. The College has also supported Financially from DST-FIST for Research Work and Lead College Status by Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati. RUSA (Rashtriy Uchhattar Shiksha Abhiyan) has provided support for establishing Resource Centre for Inclusive Education.
College At A Glance
- College is reaccredited with an “A” grade in third cycle with CGPA 3.24 by NAAC in 2016
- College with Potential for Excellence by UGC
- DST- FIST support for Research
- Lead College Status by Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.
- ISO 9001:2015 status
- RUSA support for establishing Resource center for Inclusive Education.
- Well-developed Infrastructure and Ecofriendly Campus.
- Central Instrumentation Cell (CIC).
- Competent Teaching Staff.
- Post Graduate Education in 26 subjects.
- Tradition of Meritorious status.
- Recognized Research Centers/ Laboratories for Research work.
- A Galaxy of Faculty on University authorities.
- Broadband Internet (lease line) facility in all Departments.
- Consultancy services in Geology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology.
- Staff and Philanthropist sponsored Awards and Prizes.
- Poor Boys Relief Fund.
- Earn while Learn Scheme and Entrepreneurship Cell.
- Campus Interview through Placement Cell.
- Women hostel.