Shri Shivaji College of Arts, Commerce and Science is one of the premier college in Akola, near the railway station of Akola city. Girls ‘hostel is situated in the college premises. hostel is established in 2009.In our college campus two hostel buildings of GH-I and GH-II are located, having accommodation capacity of 84 students. The hostel play very significant role in academic enhancement of girl students ,especially from downtrodden families. . Proper discipline is maintained in our hostel where students can pay proper attention towards their studies. The entire hostel premise is maintained completely neat and clean. Management of our college also provides fee concession and free meal to girls of poor families. Hostellers are always encouraged to adopt sustainable environment, friendly stay and beautification, plantation, cleanliness of hostel.
The main objectives of the girls hostel are-
• To retain the girl child in higher education girl students are not denied the opportunity.
• To get exposure to girl students coming from rural places.
• To provide opportunity continue their study
• To offer adequate accommodation of girls with homely environment and parental care..
• Mess and dining hall with fresh and healthy food.
• Water filter with RO for pure water supply.
• Solar water heater.
• Hostel library with about 150 story and reference books run by hostellers.
• Internet facility with 4 PC.
• Recreational hall for organization of cultural activities and workshops.
• TV set for entertainment of hostellers.
• Bio-gas plant attached to mess of hostel.
For seeking admission in hostel, fresher student have to submit following documents-
• Admission form of hostel.
• Photocopy of admission receipt of college.
• Photocopy of school/college leaving certificate.
• Photocopy of category reservation (if necessary).
• Photocopy of last year’s mark list.
• Photocopy of address proof of permanent address.
To maintain the discipline of hostel various committees are formed consisting faculty members and hostellers. For smooth running of hostels Principal and other authorities’ visits hostel regularly. Warden, Watchman and officials play important role in maintenance of all documentation and discipline.
Students have to follow rules given below:-
• The entry time for hostellers is up to 7 pm sharp. No students will be go out of the hostel after 7 pm without permission.
• Hostellers are responsible for proper maintains and cleanliness of hostel.
• Every hosteller must bring her own blanket, water buckets and jug etc.
• Taking hostel food is compulsory for all hostellers.
• Ragging in any means is strictly prohibited in hostel.
• Hosteller will be permitted a leave with prior permission of warden.
• Hostel mess will be supervised by warden. Meals will be served only in dining hall.
• Food should not be carried out of dining hall.
• Guests are not permitted to stay for more than two days by prior approval of hostel in charge in writing.
• Lights and fans should always be switched off while leaving rooms and dining hall.
• The hostel is not responsible for loss of valuables.
• The volume of music system, PC or laptop may be adjusted at low decibel.